5 Essential Tips for Choosing Wood Furniture for Your Restaurant
Wood furniture can be a classic and timeless choice. Wood adds warmth and character to your space, and can complement a variety of different decor styles. However, with so many options to choose from, it can be overwhelming to select the perfect wood furniture for your restaurant. Here are five tips to help you make the best choice:
1.) Consider the type of wood:
Different types of wood have different characteristics, so it's important to choose a wood that fits your needs. Hardwoods like oak and maple are strong and durable, making them a good choice for high-traffic areas like tables and chairs. Softwoods like pine and cedar are more affordable, but may not be as durable as hardwoods.
- Oak: Oak is a strong and durable hardwood that is often used for tabletops due to its strength and resistance to wear and tear. It has a tight grain and a beautiful natural color, and can be stained or finished in a variety of different shades.
- Maple: Maple is another popular choice for tabletops due to its strength and durability. It has a smooth, uniform grain and a pale, creamy color that can be stained or finished in a range of shades.
- Walnut: Walnut is a dense and hard hardwood with a rich, dark color and a distinctive grain pattern. It is often used for tabletops in more formal or upscale restaurants, as it adds a touch of sophistication to the space.
- Cherry: Cherry is a hard and dense hardwood with a beautiful reddish-brown color that deepens over time. It is often used for tabletops in more traditional or classic restaurant settings, as it adds warmth and character to the space.
- Mahogany: Mahogany is a dense and durable hardwood with a rich, red-brown color and a distinctive grain pattern. It is often used for tabletops in more formal or upscale restaurants, as it adds a touch of luxury and sophistication to the space.
2.) Think about the finish:
A natural finish can give your furniture a rustic, woodsy look, while a painted or stained finish can add a more polished or formal touch. Consider the overall look and feel of your restaurant when choosing a finish for your wood furniture.
3.) Consider the maintenance:
Some types of wood are more prone to scratching or staining, and may require more frequent upkeep to keep them looking their best. Think about your maintenance budget and how much time you're willing to spend on furniture upkeep when making your decision.
4.) Choose durable construction:
Your restaurant furniture will likely see a lot of use, so it's important to choose pieces that are built to last. Look for furniture with sturdy construction and high-quality materials to ensure that it can withstand heavy traffic and wear and tear.
5.) Test it out:
Before making a final decision, be sure to test out the furniture to ensure that it's comfortable and functional. Sit in the chairs, lean on the tables, and make sure that the furniture meets the needs of your customers.
By considering these five factors, you can choose the perfect wood furniture for your restaurant that is both stylish and functional.
Hardtwood Custom Woodworks
Hardtwood Woodworks can be a great resource for restaurants looking to add high-quality wood tabletops to their establishments.
Hardtwood Woodworks specializes in creating custom pieces of furniture and other wood products, including tabletops. By working with a custom woodwork company, restaurants can choose the specific type of wood, finish, and style of tabletop that best fits their needs and budget.
Contact Hardtwood Custom Woodworks at 1-800-217-6758 to discuss your vision with a professional craftsman. They are here to make your vision a reality!